Since election to office in September 2016, Gilgandra Shire Councillors have held a number of workshops to review Council’s Strategic Plans which include:
• 10 year Community Strategic Plan
• 4 year Delivery Program for this term of Council
• 10 year Long Term Financial Plan
This planning process is aimed at identifying the key issues important to our community’s future and having strategies in place to address these issues through the delivery of quality services.
Mayor, Cr Doug Batten said it was now the community’s opportunity to have input into Council’s plans.
“We are now in a position to present to the community the key elements of our draft plans and seek your views on the direction we propose to take on your behalf over the term of this Council and beyond.”
“As your representatives we are keen to hear from you in relation to current community aspirations and issues, suggestions for improvements to service delivery and associated community assets and any general matters you may wish to raise to ensure that our plans accurately reflect our community’s priorities and aspirations”, Doug said.
Council’s Draft Community Strategic Plan is available in electronic format and can be downloaded here. The plan is also available for viewing at the following locations:
• Government Access Centre, 20 Miller Street, Gilgandra
• Gilgandra Shire Library, Warren Road, Gilgandra
• Gilgandra Shire Council, Warren Road, Gilgandra
Details for the community consultation sessions are:
• Thursday, 27 April 2017 – Cobboco Hall – 5.30pm
• Tuesday, 2 May 2017 – Curban Hall – 5.30pm
• Wednesday, 3 May 2017 – Gilgandra Shire Hall – 5.30pm
• Thursday, 4 May 2017 – Armatree CWA Rooms – 5.30pm
• Monday, 8 May 2017 – Tooraweenah Memorial Hall – 5.30pm